Quartz countertops gain an edge over natural stone countertops because of their low-maintenance, yet high-quality trait. Quartz countertops offer all these amazing features, but the question is that what is quartz, and what is the price of these rich and alluring countertops? We are going to provide you with the ultimate guideline about all these important questions.
What is Quartz?
Unlike granite, marble, and numerous other countertops, quartz is an engineered countertop that offers durability and gives an appearance like natural stone countertops. This precious stone is manufactured by combining 90% waste products of other natural stones, which increases its beauty. The rest of the 10% of material that is used in the manufacturing process includes resin that increases the longevity of quartz and color agents that helps provide an array of different colors in these countertops.
In the decade where quartz is leading the charge in the most suitable countertop materials, Granite is the main rival of quartz countertops. Both of these stone countertops are almost the same in affordability, and demand but certain features of quartz set them apart from granite and gives them an edge. Unlike granite, Quartz not just provides homebuyers with longevity, but is highly resistant towards stains, and cracks and has extremely low chances of being chipped. Although, resins present in the manufacturing of quartz countertops make these countertops less resistant to heat as compared to granite. Quartz must also be protected from direct sunlight as otherwise; it can prove to be damaging and make the color fade away. Moreover, Quartz being a non-porous countertop, does not need to get sealed unlike granite which cut on its cost. The non-porous surface also makes it more convenient to maintain as bacteria, and germs cannot enter the surface. This specific feature makes it a better option for rental properties.
Cost of the Quartz Countertops:
The cost of a single foot of Quartz Countertopsis nearly $125 that breaks down to $75 per square foot of quartz with $50 of installation. A 30 square foot quartz countertop is estimated to be around $3,750. However, an important point that needs to be taken into account is that the cost also varies depending on the company, quality, quantity, location of the site, total square foot purchased, and the other finishing materials such as countertop edges.
As compared to granite, the price and total cost of both these stone countertops are approximately the same, however, the resealing of granite countertops that are required every once a year, and the polishing of granite that is needed once in 10 years adds extra cost to the homeowner, therefore, Quartz is considered to be a better option than Granite.
Choosing the right kind of countertops for your kitchen also adds a roaring resale value to your house. So hurry up, and check out Quartz4less for the best quartz countertops in Montreal.